Friday, June 22, 2007

the 18 hour bra

it's still playtex, but the other division...sippy cups. We have been trying to slowly build up our supply of sippy cups, but haven't been able to find 2-packs that don't have a pink cup in them. So when we hit the jackpot at Target a couple weeks ago, I stocked up. When we got home, I treated our newly acquired sippy cups as I would a bottle and promptly boiled the lids to sterilize them. (We don't have a dishwasher right now.) Apparently you can't do that with playtex sippy cups - the lids warp. Which is precisely what happened. SIX brand new cups and NO lids. So after scouring the packaging to see where it said "do not boil" I called the company, explained my dilemma and asked what my options were. It turns out that if I want the colors to be exact, I could buy new lids (which they sell at the 1-800 number) OR they would be happy to send new ones, but they can't guarantee color choice. We now have 3 new ones with a prepaid return label. Once they have the 6 warped ones back, we will get 3 more in the mail. We heart Playtex! I'm so happy to have more than two sippy cups in the house again. We lucked out this time with mint green, lime green and yellow, but you may just see my son running around with a pink lid on his blue sippy cup.

No comments: