Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An apple a day

In January, about 6 weeks before Bug was born I had to find a new family doctor. Our insurance had changed and my doctor didn't accept the new plan. So I looked at the doctors in our network, picked up the phone and said, "please give me an appointment with someone, anyone, who is taking new patients." I know that this is probably the worst way to find a new doctor, but I was really pregnant, happy with my ob and just needed someone who would say, "yes, you do have a sinus infection. let's get you on some antibiotics."

I met with my new doc and she said just that. I was in heaven. I've been back to her 3 times since, each time with a sinus infection.

We have been without insurance for the last two months and have been very healthy (thank goodness). Until this week. A nasty sinus infection has taken up residence in my head causing all kinds of fun. This morning I decided that it was worth the outrageous amount of money I would have to pay to get on some antibiotics. How much was that outrageous amount? $4. Yep. Four dollars. I told the nurse on the phone about our current lack of insurance and my history of sinus infections. The doctor called in the prescription without making me come in to the office. I couldn't believe it. The sigh of relief was audible.

And then... the Health Department called to say we are approved for medical assistance.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings! That's great news. I hope you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

Good news and what a relief! I heard that Wil has a new job so that's great too. Love the new blog look!