Friday, August 10, 2007

Brusha, brusha, brusha


Before having Little Man, I had only ever gotten ONE cavity and that wasn't until I hit my late 20's. I hate going to the dentist, so I was very happy with my strong, healthy teeth. Then I got pregnant and hit the point where having the toothbrush in my mouth for more than 30 seconds made me gag. We tried changing types of toothpaste and that helped for a little while, but I still had to be as quick as possible. What was the result? FIVE cavities after Little Man was born. Now I'm hitting the same point in this pregnancy. I have about 30 seconds to get my teeth clean and everything out of my mouth before the gagging starts. Plus, I always feel like I have horrible bad breath because I can't spend the time I feel I need to get the pearly whites clean. Ladies, any suggestions that might keep me from having 5 more cavities once Peanut arrives?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I gagged on the brush only when brushing my tongue. I wonder if you try brushing with perhaps a mouthwash instead of a foamy paste? Perhaps floss your teeth more to maintain the freshness? Man, it's these kind of "symptoms" they never tell you about, huh?

P.S. I haven't been to the dentist since BEFORE Jane was born! I used to go religiously every 6 mos. I'm dreading what the X-rays will show.

laurenthequeen said...

I think it's comes more from having all the foam in my mouth. So I have been using more mouthwash in the hopes that it will help. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on those x-rays.