Friday, August 17, 2007

Still dead...

Remember last month when the dryer died? Well, yesterday the new dryer finally arrived! I was so excited. Being without it hasn't been too bad. I do small loads and hang them on a big drying rack that we got at the Stuff-mart. Except for towels and underwear, they feel gross when they are crunchy. So we have been carting them off to random friends and family members homes, depending on what our weekend schedule is like. I was ready for today to be a HUGE laundry day.... that was until the landlord told us that the new dryer had only been delivered, not hooked up. Apparently, the venting for the old dryer is no longer up to specs and the delivery guy refused to do anything else until she has everything replaced. This is now going to take, "a few more weeks to resolve". I think we'll be lucky to have a working dryer before we move in the new apartment. Mom, this means we'll be doing towels and whites at your house for the next "few weeks".

2 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like our old house. The former owners had it venting into...the wall! No, not the outside of the house, just into the cozy wall. We had to drill a hole through concrete to create a vent so that it was "up to specs" and not humidifying our entire house. What a joke. Crunchy whites are the worst! :(

Heidi Totten said...

Ugh, what an inconvenience! Reminds me of college when I always hauled all of my clothes to my parents' house to wash rather than pay $.25 in my building and have to sit there so my clothes didn't get stolen!