Thursday, August 9, 2007

Free Food

Sunday one of the members of our ward was giving away zucchini from their garden. They were huge! Of course I grabbed one and Dad offered to grate it IF I would use it to make zucchini bread. Sunday evening we started the task, but got sidetracked when we didn't have enough sugar and the electricity went out. So I put the zucchini and wet ingredients that had already been mixed together in the fridge and during naptime Monday I finished the project. I used this recipe and was amazed how much bread you end up with when you double it (3 loaf pans, 18 muffins and 3 small cakes). Everybody loved it, even Susie (who doesn't like zucchini bread). I was wishing once it was all baked, that we had had more loaf pans though. Since the loaf pans had to bake longer to be done in the center, the tops got perfectly crunchy and the nuts tasted like candy. So if you are wondering what to do with all the zucchini in your garden, I highly recommend this one!

No comments: