Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A New Job... Almost

I went down to Hospice today to talk to Lynn about a project she asked me to help out with. Apparently she was ready to offer me a part time, work from home position until she found out that I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I was really surprised. It was flattering to know that they were that happy with my work and that she wants me back badly enough to offer telecommuting. With Peanut on the way, I wouldn't have felt good about taking it. Having worked there I know what's involved. It was a great place to work, I just don't think I could commit to certain hours each week or a set schedule while life around us it still so hectic. What did come out of this meeting? I am now contracting with Hospice on an hourly basis, specifically working on upcoming grant applications. It will allow us to bring in some extra money over the next couple months. I don't have to have a set schedule, just meet grants deadlines. And I can work on it while the Little Man is sleeping. Maybe, just maybe, it will be enough to let me quit working once Peanut is born. We shall see!

6 comments:

Krilafis said...

YAY LAUREN! That is perfect perfect perfect.

Peanut? I think Parry is more adequate. Its short for Parasite. Its like the new baby is a little unborn alien and you are its host.

Sending little Parry all my love..

Lindsey said...

krissie - that's a little weird. maybe you were made for BYU. *wink*

lauren - that is great news. it's nice to feel wanted and appreciated after a job well done. hospice loves you, but we all knew that, how could they not?

Peanut is twelve weeks along! yay! i can't wait to find out if she really is a "she" peanut!! i'm prepared to buy all the girliest stuff. Peanut and Hailey could wear little matchy matchy outfits. oh the good times we could have.

also, i love you. hug kiss.

Amy said...

Train, that's great news. I got so excited about the p/t position for you, I wondered why you didn't take it, but then I kept reading. You are smart. You know your boundaries and what you can/can't do. I'm SO happy that something suitable to your schedule came out of it! Also glad they know a great thing when they see if. Yippee!

laurenthequeen said...

And this is technically my second part time job. I'm still working 10-15 hours a week for my dad. 2 jobs= TOO much!

Heidi Totten said...

That's awesome, Lizzie! I think you made the right decision - especially since you are already working for your dad! But nice to have the extra money!

Amy said...

Right, forgot you were working for your dad, too! Wow, you are a busy lady.