Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eating in Style

Part 1
It seems like years ago that the girls (you know who you are!) made frequent trips to Baja Fresh and every time we pass one, I get the craving. I don't know if it's so much the food (which I do still love) or the fond memories. Either way, yesterday while out shopping we passed a Baja Fresh. In between our trips to the Arundel Mills Mall and Costco, I got to quell the craving. I was a little concerned that the no dairy mandate would put a damper on the experience, but I think for the first time it actually made something better. I ordered my usual Baja Burrito with Steak (NO CHEESE) and it was fabulous. A little messier without the cheese to hold stuff together, but it wasn't as heavy and really yummy! The added benefit? No repeating the guac a few hours later.

Part 2
After a long day of shopping, Little Man and I drove over to Crystal City to pick Wil up from work and meet our friends, Todd and Mandi for dinner. It's been far too long since we've seen them and even though I was exhausted, I was so excited to hang out with them. Little Man was an angel, especially for only having had a 40 minute nap in the car. We went to the Carlyle Grand (owned by the same people who run Sweetwater) and the Great American Restaurants chain has yet to disappoint. The Roast Chicken Salad was divine. Wil's ribs were really good too.

So I guess the theme of the weekend ended up being good food and great company, not a bad way to spend your time.

2 comments:

Amy said...

ooooh, the Guac-talk. I'm salivating, especially since I had cereal for lunch. I miss both Baja Fresh and having the paycheck to pay for it! (sigh) I'm so glad you all had a great time. There's just something wonderful in food + friends, isn't there?

Heidi Totten said...

I miss baja fresh so much! They had two here but closed them down. You are so lucky! And Carlyle Grand is really good, too. I went once or twice in my Arlington cruising days.