Saturday, September 8, 2007

Grandmother's Chicken Noodle Soup

My grandmother isn't your typical "Grannie" by any means. She will ONLY answer to Grandmother. By the age of 4, I knew how to shop, taking the time to look through the racks to find a good deal... thanks to Grandmother's training. And although she has always been a great cook, homemade chicken soup was never on the menu. When we were sick, Grandmother would show up to visit with her special bag of Chinese take-out. Wonton Soup always made it better. Now when I'm feeling under the weather, the first thing I want is some Wonton Soup.

**This picture was taken right after sitting on Santa's lap Thanksgiving weekend. Grandmother was in great spirit's, but Little Man had had enough of picture taking for one day.

3 comments:

Lin said...

it was always egg drop for me. i hated being sick in utah because i could never get good egg drop soup or anyone to go find me some and deliver it.

Heidi Totten said...

So we owe it all to Grandmother! Your shopping skills, I mean!

Amy said...

I haven't seen Grandmother in so long! That is a hilarious picture!