Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sweet!

Thinking about yesterday is just too depressing, but today is not a depressing day. I've been looking forward to today for WEEKS and even have a cute new maternity top** to wear. Wil and I are leaving Little Man with Susie for the evening and going to meet Dave and Heidi for dinner at Sweetwater Tavern. Those of you who have lived in NoVa or who know me well, know of my love for Sweetwater. It is so divine that hauntingly bad dates from my single days have not killed my love for this place. I know exactly what I'm getting and have been dreaming about it all day.

What's even better about this dinner though, is the company. I haven't seen Heidi since summer of 2004 and it's odd to me that she's never met Wil. I'm excited and nervous to see how they get along. I'm surprised sometimes by how much I miss having my girls around. The blog helps, but I'm so very glad that Susie convinced me to go with her next week. I don't think I realized how much I need it... and tonight will be my vacation teaser. Enough to make me really want to get on that plane for Utah and enjoy my girls. It's only FIVE days away.

**I found great shoes on sale at Old Navy to go with the top, but they are KILLING my feet. Luckily I found some of Susie's sandals at my parents house. Now I have to choose between being sore or being cold. I better go do my nails, because I think cold is winning.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ooooh, I want to hear all about it! I just wish I could be there too. JB has never experienced Sweetwater. I also hope today is going better. I so know how "one of those days" are like. Hang in there! Fun times are coming!!